So I was making this cheesecake for the umpteenth time tonight, and thought some of you might enjoy this. It's actually pretty easy, especially if you take the shortcut. I found this recipe online and I get more requests for this dessert than anything else I make...and I make some awesome desserts! It is super creamy and looks really pretty. Let me know if you try it and what you thought of it. If you make any changes I would love to hear them too!
•2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (approx 20 Oreos in food processor)
•6 tablespoons white sugar
•1/4 cup butter, melted
•1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
•2 tablespoons white sugar
•2 teaspoons cornstarch
•1/2 cup water
•12oz white baking chocolate (read to make sure it is REAL white chocolate)
•1/2 cup half-and-half cream
•3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
•1/2 cup white sugar
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 6 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom and up sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
2. In a saucepan, combine raspberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to boil, and continue boiling 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate with half-and-half, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove bowl from heat and cool in fridge while you prepare the batter.
4. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate. Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon 3 tablespoons raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in open oven (oven should be turned off with door open) for 45minutes. Refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce.
Shortcuts and Tips:
- use seedless raspberry jam in place of raspberry sauce (warm 6Tbsp)
- decorate with white chocolate whipped cream and white chocolate shavings or fresh raspberries
White Chocolate Whipped Cream: 4-5oz white chocolate and 1c whipping cream; heat in double broiler until smooth; chill completely; whip until stiff peaks form